St. John the Baptist COVID-19 Response plan UPDATES & RESOURCES
***Please check back regularly for updated information and resources***
3/27/2020 - UPDATE REGARDING MN STAY-aT-HOME ORDER
In accordance with Governor Walz’s latest executive orders, we will be abiding by the Stay at Home requirements that go into effect this Friday, March 27 at 11:59pm until Friday, April 10, 11:59pm. The Stay at Home requirement that Governor Walz has enacted still allows for churches to remain open, as he recognizes that having places of worship is essential, however, these restrictions will require changes to our already limited sacramental offerings.
Masses will continue to be available via Live Stream on our YouTube channel at tinyurl.com/sjbyoutube. We will also continue to Live Stream Stations of the Cross on Fridays at 5:30pm.
While the church will remain unlocked for private prayer, we will be reposing the Blessed Sacrament during these next two weeks. We will repose the Blessed Sacrament this Friday, March 27, at 5:00pm. However, please come, as you are able, to spend time with Jesus, who is perpetually present in the tabernacle! For those who have scheduled adoration hours, we invite you to come and pray during that time, but you are not required to do so. We will continue to have a 24-7 live feed of the sanctuary streamed to YouTube for those who wish to pray in view of the tabernacle but are unable to come to the church to do so.
3/18/2020 - All public masses in the archdiocese are suspended
Archbishop Hebda sent a letter to all priests today at 5:30 pm stating that all public Masses will be suspended in our Archdiocese in order to comply with the CDC recommendations in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19. Suspension of public Masses will begin immediately. (Read full letter here) For more information, please visit the archdiocesan COVID-19 website here.
Fr. Carlson will continue to offer Masses privately as scheduled and they will be live-streamed on our YouTube channel which can be found HERE. Please join us online for all regularly scheduled Mass times, Tuesday-Sunday. Any changes to this schedule will be communicated via email and on our parish website. Please unite yourself to the sacrifice of the Holy Mass and pray the following prayer for Spiritual Communion:
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there
and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.
3/13/2020 - Message from Archbishop Hebda
IF an SJB student, visitor or faculty/staff member has a confirmed case of covid-19
- Contact Pricipal Angela Wroblewski at firstname.lastname@example.org or Parish Administrator Andrea McMerty-Brummer at a email@example.com immediately.
- SJB would contact the MDH in the event of an exposure and take appropriate action based on guidelines, direction provided, and best practice. If in-person classes or childcare were in session, distance learning would be implemented and childcare suspended for a period of time.
- SJB would communicate with you as appropriate to provide general information and guidance. Our practice would be to not release the name of anyone who has a confirmed case.
SJB's response plan in event of a confirmed case of covid-19
- If we receive notification that a student, faculty/staff member, or visitor has a confirmed case of COVID-19, SJB school would move to a distance learning environment. The length of time would be determined based on when the case was confirmed. It is likely our building would stay closed for a two-week period.
- Athletics and co-curricular activities would be cancelled during this same time period. Teams would not be permitted to meet off campus.
- The school building would not be open to students, faculty, or staff during a closure. Students would not be allowed to enter the building under any circumstance. School staff will be picking up mail directly from the Post Office.
- If the building were to be closed, the main phone line would be answered during regular Main Office Hours (Mon-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4 p.m.).
- It is reasonable to expect that SJB Faculty and Staff members will be responding to emails during the regular work day.
- We will communicate decisions with families via phone, e-mail, and on our social media - as we do in any situation that alters the regular school day (ie severe weather, etc.).
- Should SJB move to a distance learning environment, we advise that students and families limit group gatherings outside of the distance learning school day to help limit exposure.
- Expectations for students and teachers regarding Distance Learning will be published on this page and will be emailed to students and parents when and if the decision is made to close the school building.
- SJB will continue to monitor information that is provided to us by the Minnesota Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as other governmental agencies as appropriate. Additionally, we’ve included a list of helpful resources below.
How to Talk to Kids about COVID-19
Center for Disease Control COVID-19 Updates
MDH COVID-19 Resource Page
MDH COVID-19 Fact Sheet