Resurrection Cemetery originally began in 1928 by Fr. Thomas Cushen and is one of the relatively few Catholic Cemeteries which allow for non-Catholic burials. The wooded setting offers a place of privacy and quiet and is conveniently located in the West Suburban Metro at 5555 Covington Road, Shorewood MN 55331.
Resurrection Cemetery currently consists of three sections:
Section 1 This section provides for in-ground burials and children's burial sites. These sites have allowance for above ground monuments. As this section was created in 1928 as the original cemetery, there are few remaining lots available.
Section 2 This section, began in 1954, has a large quantity of in-ground standard burial sites available. Only flat-marker style monuments are allowable in this section.
Section 3 This, our newest section, consists of our new Chapel Mausoleum complex, including our Chapel Mausoleum, a Children's Memorial Area, a Meditation trail and Stations of the Cross. The Chapel Mausoleum consists of spaces for both casket burials (crypts) and cremation burials (niches).
952.474.8868 ext. 200